Thursday, 11 August 2011

Something completely different



This is something completely different I have been working on. I have done a collage/mixed media piece, using inks and washes, scrap book papers etc. Those are the Young Women's Values in the background. It takes courage and testimony to be a Young Woman in our church and to stick with the standards. It takes daring to embrace being different and to live it. The little character is one of my first characters I ever painted, Little Miss Sunshine. She looks a bit different of course as my style has evolved somewhat since the early days. It wasn't as hard to paint on top of the collage as I thought it would be and I am quite pleased with how it all turned out. Of course I will have to sell the original.



It is an 8 by 8 inch boxed canvas, with wrap around sides, nail free. Completely finished all the way around and ready to hang. Shipped with care, first class and to anywhere in the world. Created in a smoke free and animal friendly home. Contact me to find out more.

5 comments:

quilthexle said...

This is wonderful - I love this little daisy-girl (to me, she looks like a daisy ...)

Tracy said...

This is sooo, sooo pretty, Marie! I love collage, and have been dabbling in that a lot myself recently. I love the soft blue washes you've used here. Different is great. It's scary but sometimes exciting to go out of our "comfort zone"! Well done, my friend! :o) So nice to catch up on your art blog here. I seem to have lost the link for this one when transferring blog links to my new blog. :o/ Happy Weekend--LOVE YOU LOTS ((BIG HUGS))

Tammy Olson said...

What a sweet piece. I love all the polka dots and the expression on her face.

Nordljus said...

What a sweetie! Love the colours and polka dots! I'm a fellow flyer, and I've only just discovered your lovely blog (I'm a bit late in catching up).

Yvonne said...

Would love to see more mixed media from you. Very cute!