Monday, 16 January 2012

Deep In their Roots



I saw this quote on a notebook the other day and couldn't wait to see what sprang from my fingertips to illustrate it. I was very happy with what I came up with. A cute little fairy. I think I love her boots most of all. So elfin and pointy. Her wings look as if they are just about to flutter . . . or could that be just me.



A close-up of her sweet little face and flower.

As usual available as a print or a card. Just message me to find out how.

I don't know if I told you or not but I also do special Baptism Commissions to help mark that special day in your loved one's life.



Here is a recent one that I did. It has a "portrait" of the little girl who was Baptised and also the nearest Temple to where they live. I include the name of the child, birthdate and Baptism Date. Also if they have a special outfit which has been purchased for the day I try to replicate as best as I can. These are one of a kind, original paintings. If anyone is interested you know how to get in touch!
mariealicejoan at aol dot com

Once again, Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

These little girls are so sweet, Marie... That baptism piece is adorable--sweet, yet elegant too. LOVE those curly-toed shoes on the elfin princess at the top... your are so clever! :o) Happy Day, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

Kate said...

You do beautiful work! Now I know where to look for that "warm fuzzy" feeling ... the artful heart. I appreciate that you share.

Cynthia said...

I might mention that one of the neat things about a Baptism or special occasion one of a kind painting is it is unique to the child and extra special because they will be the only ones who have that print. Thanks for a beautiful paiting it was loved by all.

A Box of Chocolates said...

really beautiful work Marie

Neesie Natters said...

Hi Marie, I hope you will be pleased because yesterday I received the Liebster Blog Award and was so thrilled,
but you may wonder why I'm writing to tell you this?
Well hopefully I have good news because guess what? I have to now award 5 blogs. To pass on the love etc.
I couldn't give it to your other blogs (although they're brilliant) because you're so famous with so many followers, so I thought what a good idea it would be to nominate your Art blog.
Nip over to http://neesienatters.blogspot.com.au/ to get all the details...I hope you'll be as thrilled as I was xoxo