Friday, 23 March 2012

Paint Party Friday



This is my first time participating in Paint Party Friday. I'm trying to participate more in art blogs. There is an incredible amount of talent out there and I am really enjoying it so very much! This is a piece I did a little while back. I know that some people really dislike their freckles, but I have always thought them to be one of the most endearing parts of the human face. A face without freckles is indeed like a sky without stars!

As always this is available as a print or a card. Know anyone with freckles that would appreciate the sentiment?? I bet they would love this.




I also wanted to show you my latest piece, which is quite a departure from what I usually do. In black and white, not colour . . . I think it has come across as quite dramatic and I quite like it. This, too, is available as a print or card and let me tell you, the print is absolutely fabulous if I don't say so myself. I think I am going to more in black and white in the future. I really do like it.

Hop on over to the Paint Party Friday blog to see what everyone else is up to! There's an incredible amount of talent there!

13 comments:

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

So glad to see you here on a Friday and I love both pieces, though I am loving the second one a lot... it is very dramatic, and your line work is just beautiful... such wonderful work...xx

Netty said...

Beautiful artwork and stamping. A great promo for your work. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Lovely art style and creation ~ very magical too ~thanks, wishing you a great weekend ~ namaste, carol ^_^

Teri Casper said...

Your art is beautiful and magical.

HPPP

miz katie said...

Sooo cute!

carlarey said...

Well, my inner freckled red head would sure have been pleased to read this when I was a kid. These are adorable illustrations. Welcome to PPF!

Anne said...

Lovely work! Happy PPF !

Chris said...

This is my first time at PPF too so I look forward to getting to know you and your art :)
It has a magical quality to it and I love your style. The black and white illustration is so unusual but pretty.
hugs
Chris x

Geckostone said...

These are both precious, I love your work! Welcome to PPF!!! Deb

*jean* said...

welcome! both are so sweet and whimsical! i have a watercolor i did printed in black and white for my business card, i quite like it too!! hope you have a great week!

Heather said...

These are beautiful! So Magical!

Nordljus said...

Beautiful work, both of them. I especially like the first one, as I child I wanted a lot more freckles than I had, and flaming red hair to go with them.

Daniele Valois said...

oh so cute. I love freckles. well, except mine! haha. Darling, both of these~