Sunday, 25 March 2012

Sunday Sketches . . . Spring




Here is my post this week for Sunday Sketches. It's a little girl watching some babybirds in a nest in a tree. Yes, Spring has sprung! We've been enjoying gorgeous weather here and the birds have been nesting. Pollywogs have come to life and all the daffodils are in bloom! I just love Spring in England. All the trees are taking on that green flush of early leaf and early blossoms are taking over gardens . . . the forsythia, camelia, early cherry. Oh how very pretty it all is! Tis the season of hope.

As usual this is available as a card or a print. Just message me if you are interested. Thanks for looking, and why not hop on over to The Blue Chair Diaries to check out the other Sunday Sketches! There's a whole lot of talent there! You will be amazed and enthralled!

13 comments:

Simona Cordara said...

Love your illustrations!

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

I wish I lived somewhere where there were cheery blossoms to herald spring... you have captured the change of seasons perfectly in this one... just lovely...xx

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Illustration and poem is divine and lovely ~ Great post ~~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Christine said...

This is so cute and I can feel the warmth of spring in your painting!

Crystal said...

Amazing work!

Tammie Lee said...

so lovely is your art
and the poem is wonderful too
I love how you did her hair
~

Sophia said...

Another lovely piece. I love the softness and innocence found within your art. Beautiful, Marie. :)

Catherine... said...

This is beautiful...England in Spring is magical... Spring has definitely sprung here in France too... :) it's more like summer... :)

WrightStuff said...

Oh I love Spring and she is totally adorable!

Sabina said...

Brilliant job on this. I honestly thought it was something out of an English fairytale book. Glad you made it into a card.

Φανή Παπ., Ζωγράφος said...

Very beautiful!!!Bravo! kisses.

Lenora said...

the hair and the nest are fabulous in their detail and whimsical shape!

Tracy said...

VERY sweet... And I used that quote in my spring newsletter--I like that one! :o) Happy Spring, dear friend ((LOVE & HUGS))