Wednesday, 28 March 2012

WOYWW, ATC's



I thought I would bite the bullet and actually show you the space that I work in. My husband marvels that I manage to get anything at all done in here, but this, folks . . . is where the magic happens! (I also have to cook in a similarily minute space, but that's a story for another day!)



As you can see, even on my best days, I only have about a 12 inch square space to work in . . . the rest being taken up with supplies. (Acrylics, Watercolours, Ganache, Pencils, Markers, etc.) Oh and of course I save all my bits of scrap paper etc. They come in handy for all sorts, and I do love ME so her yearly calendar always has a spot where it looks down on what I am doing and hopefully giving me a thumbs up!



Music is also very present in my creation process. I have my favourites to inspire to to urge me on . . . sometimes my space is neater than this, and sometimes not. It all depends on what creative urge is taking me. Sometimes I just have to get it down onto paper as soon as I can before my inspiration leaves . . . and I know I am not alone in this. And what's on my worktop today???



Some colourful little ATC's, which I am really enjoying playing with. They're quite a lot of fun to do. Small, simple and colourful. The size of a credit card, they are also challenging.



Hope on over to the Stamping Ground to see what's on everyone else's worktop! They are such a very talented bunch!

Thanks for looking!

26 comments:

Sheilagh said...

I love your workspace Marie, it's a lot neater than mine..lol Love your ATC's, we should do a swap.

Hugs

Sheilagh
No 112
xxx

Gabrielle said...

I love your workspace - compact an bijou! Happy WOYWW x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...looks like you've been putting that fabulous stash of pens to use with some loVely shading...thanks for sharing...Mel :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab ATC's and look at all your pens. Super! Take care & enjoy this weeks snoop of WOYWW desks. Zo xx 75

sandee said...

LOve your ATC's, they are simply beautiful! No matter how big my desk is, just have 12" of space is all I need to craft! lol That's the size of my glass cutting board which is what I craft on! waving hi from my balcony in the hills of North Carolina :)

kay said...

great compact craft space,fab atcs,have a good week :)
#66

505whimsygirl said...

Your ATCs are too dang cute! Love the little girl with the balloons.

I have the same ME calendar on my desk at work. It makes me smile every single day.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
#48

Mari K. said...

I love ATCs and yours are just lovely! Thanks for sharing! -Mari K. #56

Danielle said...

At least all of your supplies are within reach. Your ATCs are adorable! Did you draw them yourself? dani39

Queen Of Toys said...

Love your workspace and not really a lot of room to play, but who needs space when doing ATC's. Everything is at your fingertips, thats a bonus.

Happy crafting
Eliza

Marie said...

I did do them myself Danielle. All my work is my own, I'm proud to say! Thanks for your kind comments.

Marie said...

I would love to swap Sheilagh! Just say the word! xxoo

Marie said...

You are right Sandee, not a lot of space is needed if you are a crafter at heart! Must pop on over to see your glass cutting board! Have always wanted to try stained glass.

Marie said...

Thanks Mari!

Marie said...

Thanks Eliza! You are so correct!

Marie said...

ME just makes the world a little sweeter Kay! She is my inspiration! Thanks for your kind words. xx

Marie said...

Thanks Mel!

Marie said...

Thanks!

Marie said...

Thanks Gabrielle!

Marie said...

Thanks Kay!

Rita said...

Its funny how we can work in a tiny space when we want too. I love all your copic pens. Hugs Rita xx

Laura said...

Your ATCs are lovely -- you're drawing/coloring them and not stamping, which to me means art. Nice job! :)

I've definitely had times when there was so much stuff on the table that I only had a small space to make the magic happen. But then I decide to make some breathing room. . . there's definitely an ebb and flow.

Laura said...

And I'm #151, for the record. Forgot to tack than on. :)

SophieNewton said...

Fabulous ATCs, I particularly like the kite one. Gorgeous colours x
Sophie no.183

Neesie said...

Hey Marie, I've found you!
I have always wondered about your workspace when seeing all your beautiful art work...well now I know.
Thank you for letting me take a peek ;D
Have a great week ~ Neesie #30

Tracy said...

VERY fun to see your workspace...LOVE all those pens...*swoon*... Your cards are super-sweet... WOW, you've been busy, my friend! ;o) ((LOVE & HUGS))