Friday, 20 April 2012

A Traditonal Victorian Sponge



I am having so much fun doing these recipe posters! This is the third one I've done so far. I am enjoying the challenge of deciding which ingredients to paint and how to break each recipe down into parts, so that both the written and the painted come together in a way which would make it simple for any cook to follow and yet be delighted at the same time. I plan on continuing with this series, interspersed with my regular works of course, until perhaps at some point I have enough for a new recipe book. Who knows. IN the meantime, this one, along with the others, is available as a print, suitable for framing.

In the meantime, this is my entry for this weeks Paint Party Friday. Do hop on over to the blog to check out the other entries. There are some incredibly talented people out there!!

Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

18 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

I just love your artwork! A great poster. Looks like you are indeed having fun!

Marie said...

Thanks Lesley!

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful recipe posters. So much care and thought has gone into them. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

NatashaMay said...

I really love this! Great illustrations and a fab idea. :)

La Abela said...

Good work, greetings

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Glad you are having fun as they are creative and delightful ~thanks for sharing, namaste, ^_^

WrightStuff said...

Mmm cake. Delicious art!

carlarey said...

These recipe illustrations are just so charming, I think they'd make a great book, or a really lovely day planner.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh brilliant poster! Love it! Yum! Kim

Kim Dellow said...

Love your poster! Look yum! Kim

Debbie said...

What a wonderful idea. Your writing and illustrations are so nice!

kristin maynes said...

One of my favorite things is a painted recipe...don't see many of them. Love this and your artistic style!

Cottage Remnant said...

Great Job....looks like so much fun to create.

blessings,
Cindy♥

Rosie Kaplan said...

Now that's a rich cake. I just might try it and I love the idea of illustrated recipes. You are putting Mollie Katzen to shame!

pauline said...

Great idea! The illustrations look fantastic. xoxo

Anne said...

Very pretty - and now I want cake! :))

Belinda Carson said...

LOVE IT!!n

Gloria said...

I love your artwork and I love your recipes. i haven't had a good sponge cake in years. What a great tea party cake1 Thank you.