Wednesday, 4 April 2012

WOYWW, What We Love



Nothing much has changed on my desktop this week. Still looks the same, except that there's a new painting on it. What We Love.

This is a quote from President Dieter F Uchtdorf which reads:

"What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think. What we think determines what we become."

It's one of my favourite quotes from President Uchtdorf.



This is a close up of some of the detail on the robin and on the fairy and blossoms. I did this in watercolours, using watercolour pencils. I think it turned out rather nicely.

Added to this week's WOYWW. Check out all the other entries HERE! There is some fabulous talent out there. I am always so amazed by it all!

20 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's beautiful - I can't get watercolour pencils to behave like this - what a skill! How lovely.

Doone said...

it is a simple beautiful card with a lovely sentiment,
Dx @ 80

Red Kitty said...

Stunning, so wish i could colour like that.
Have a good day.
Sandra, No 92. x

laurie said...

I'm so glad to see you, I love this new work Marie, its a beauty!

May said...

fABULOUS WORK!!! Your colouring is just Perfect..... Beautiful... Hugs May x x x No11

CraftygasheadZo said...

Stunning! Beautiful techniques, you got those pencils to behave perfectly I'd say! Take care, & enjoy peeking at the WOYWW desks this week. Zo xx 78

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful piece of art. I love the colours. Suzanne #100

Miriam said...

Gorgeous card - great colouring.

#107

sandee said...

Did you draw this, or was it a stamp? It's beautiful and a fantastic job with the water colors! #44, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina and wishing you a Happy Easter :)

Marie said...

Thanks very much Julia. You are so sweet. :)

Marie said...

Thanks very much Doone!

Marie said...

Thanks Sandra!

Marie said...

Thanks Laurie! You're a star!

Marie said...

Thankyou May. xxoo

Marie said...

Thanks so much!!

Marie said...

Thank you!

Marie said...

Thanks Miriam!

Marie said...

Sandee, it's all my own artwork. I never use stamps, unless it's for a little accent, like the leaves and the moths in my other piece. Normally it is all my own work. I apply the writing using a computer program. The rest is all me! Thanks for your comment and Happy Easter to you too!! xx

mommyle said...

Your watercoloring is incredible! Stunning, really.
Have a Happy Easter.

SophieNewton said...

Sorry I'm a bit late this week! Fabulous artwork, happy easter x
Sophie no.71