Friday, 25 May 2012

Paint Party Friday and the Great British Picnic












I began work on a new project this week.  Another cookbooklet.  This time it is on picnics.  Who doesn't love a picnic and picnic season is just about upon us!











With the beautiful gorgeous weather we have been having here in the UK just lately, my mind has gone to thinking about picnics and drawing picnic thingies. And cooking picnic thingies. 











I love it when my art and my love of food and cookery mesh together.  I am not just painting little girls and inspirational thoughts.  Inspiration can come from many avenues, don't you think???
















At any rate that is where my inspiration has been coming from this week.  Sunny skies, warm temps and fabulous picnic dreams!

Submitted for this week's paint party Friday.  Do hop on over to Paint Party Friday and check out all the other talent on offer this week.  Prepare to be amazed.  I always am.

Thanks for looking!  Call in again anytime, you never know what I'll be up to next!

16 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your paintings in your cookbook. Happy PPF, Annette x

Mandy said...

oh fabulous...these are crispy and wonderful...so sweet and perfect for recipes...xxx

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

You are so right... inspiration can come from so many places. Keep your eyes open! Beautiful paintings. Happy PPF

minnemie said...

How fun to combine art and cooking! ITt will be one special cookbooklet:-)

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

I love your work when you combine food and your amazing talent... can't wait to see the finished booklet... such a great idea...xx

Tammie Lee said...

each piece is lovely and such a wonderful summer feeling to them

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

haiku (for you)

creating cookbook here
colors, foods, design wonderful
lovely creations.
^_^

Giggles said...

These are great!!! It does give me that summery picnic feeling, with a touch of vintage!! Thanks for sharing!!

Hugs Giggles

Mary C. Nasser said...

Delightful paintings!
I'm so glad summer is here, too! :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Anne said...

Charming! You have captured nice, delightful summer picnic feeling so well!

Molly said...

Okay, I'm sold! I'm ready for a picnic too! :-)

Kat Griffin said...

I adore picnics ! as long as the bees and the ants stay away ! love your art work - Happy PPF

-KAT-

kristin maynes said...

How fun to paint such yummy things. I love picnics and I would love to take each one of your paintings with me. ;) Love your work! Happy PPF!

Ayala Art said...

These are super cute!! Wait until I show my daughter, she is loving everything British right now (I blame Doctor Who)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Delightful images. AT least some parts of the UK are reporting good weather, great for picnics. Enjoy. :)

Ritu Dua said...

Each of your work here has such an inviting appeal...may be because of your picnic dreams :)