Friday, 4 May 2012

Paint Party Friday . . . Weeds Are Flowers Too























I saw this quote by A A Milne the other day and immediately thought of Dandelions.  To a child Dandelions are flowers.  How many mothers have not been blessed with countless bouquets of these beautiful yellow blooms each year.  I know that I have both picked a few and been bountifully blessed by a few in my lifetime!  It is only when we grow up that we cease to see them for the beautiful things that they are . . . and class them as weeds.  I am thankful that I am one who loves them in any guise.  When in bloom, they delight my eyes and when they go to seed, they delight my soul, for each one makes me think of wishes blown upon the wind and childlike faith.

I think these two are sisters, but I'm not sure . . . in any case they are lost in a world all their own, admiring the beautiful . . . Dente De Lion . . . 

My entry for this weeks Paint Party.  Hop on over and check out the rest.  Your soul will be delighted.

20 comments:

Giggles said...

I was just speaking of this very thing this week with my friend!! When my mother was dying the weeds truly were flowers...because at least they were alive!! Wonderful quote, wonderful art!! Thanks for sharing... it's so true. Especially when we had the perfect weedless golf green of a lawn at the time!!

Happy ppf!! Great perspective!

Hugs Giggles

Netty said...

Loving your sweet painting especially those beautiful little girls. Happy PPF, Annette x

Hybrid J said...

What a pair of lovely little beauties! Lovely artwork!

Susan said...

So sweet! Delightful art.

NatashaMay said...

I love dandelions as well. :) Fantastic illustration!

Molly said...

i still love dandelions, too! especially in their round, puffy, blow the seeds away stage!

your girls are so sweet. i love the sheepish expressions on both their faces!

Za faran said...

Oh my lil cuties!! They're so very cute! Yes, very true. Weeds are flowers too. Wonderful quote.

Anne said...

Lovely drawing and lovely quote!

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

Very sweet. I love their beautiful little faces. Happy PPF

kristin maynes said...

Oh my goodness! I totally love your work! So delicate and sweet! Happy PPF!

La Abela said...

What beautiful and tender image! Saludos

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Wonderful art work and so adorable ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

Caitlyn (ladyphlogiston) said...

For me it's Jonny Jump-Ups. They're everywhere in my garden and I can't bear to pull up any of them. Wonderful quote.

Faye said...

This is such a beautiful illustration! The drawing is perfect and so are the colors. As for dandelions, I do try to get rid of them. But once I saw a huge expanse of them and was so taken by the beauty of the scene. It was on vacation in Nova Scotia. As far as the eye could see were dandelions, a gorgeous yellow blanket covering the earth.

mx said...

Awww, this is SO precious! And so true... I just received a pudgy little handful of dandelion heads yesterday. We put them in a vase and his little face beamed for having brought me such a rich bouquet... They had all wilted a couple of ours later, and he was SO disappointed... but perked up and... just picked a fresh bouquet! Later that afternoon the grass got mowed... it was bitter sweet to see those weeds' heads chopped off.

carlarey said...

Your illustrations are just so lovely. And your lettering is just as beautiful as your paintings.

Scarlett Clay said...

I especially love butterflies, so this is super endearing to me, so so sweet!

Viola said...

So sweet! :) and so very beautyful! I like the words you've written in the piece of work also! :)

Viola said...

beautiful.... I meant.. :)

Margo @ Legacy of a Single Girl said...

Great post! I have the unfortunate ability to allow my weeds to flower so long they become huge vines!! Must find a happy medium!! Coming to you from PPF! Happy weekend.