Friday, 18 May 2012

Paint Party Friday . . . Whatever Thy Hand . . .


I've always held a particular fondness for the Amish in my heart.  My favourite paintings of all time are the ones of the Amish children done by Nancy Noel.  I know this one I have done here today comes nowhere near what she has done, but I still get a very tender feeling about it when I look at it.  I think I may do some more Amish ones.  I kind of like the way it turned out, especially when paired with the scriptures.  What do you think??  Any constructive criticism is much appreciated!

This is my week's entry into Paint Party Friday.  Why not hop on over to the Paint Party blog and check out all the other lovely entries.  They are a very talented bunch of gals!

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your Amish girl with her doll Marie. Happy PPF, Annette x

Mandy said...

PURE MAGIC...I SO LOVE THIS...XXX

Maria Ontiveros said...

I like the butterflys.
Rinda

May said...

Stunning work as always... Just Love this.. Hugs May x x

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Divine art work ~ love it ~ so precious ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

La Abela said...

Yes,the sensation producing is tenderness. Saludos

Mary C. Nasser said...

Very sweet.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

carlarey said...

It's so charming! When I was little one of my favorite books was about an Amish girl, and this reminds me of that beloved book.

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

A beautiful little girl and her doll. Nicely done. Happy PPF

minnemie said...

This is precious. I also love your lettering - those capital letters are very attractive!

Yvonne said...

Lovely piece.

Anne said...

Super charming piece, love this!

Carolyn Dube said...

You are so right about it being a tender painting- so gentle and kind! Happy PPF!

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

This is really lovely... I love the nostalgic feel of your work...it creates such a lovely atmosphere and your skills are fantastic...xx

kristin maynes said...

You're painting is so delicate and sweet. I think the Amish are wonderful people. You very talented! Happy PPF!

SHERI C said...

Very sweet illustration.
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook
Happy Horse Studio

Sarah said...

Marie, I'm so happy to have discovered your blog. I'll look forward to stopping by frequently. Thanks again for the sweet little recipe book for the Queen Jubilee. I'm at work on a plan. ;-)

Giggles said...

Your girl is adorable!!

Hugs Giggles

Lynn said...

very very sweet.............hppf

Ritu Dua said...

Love the innocence and can almost feel the warmth!