Sunday, 6 May 2012

Sunday Sketches and some Food For Thought

I've been working on a special project this week. A cookery book. This is my first one, which will be a catalogue of Spring and Summer types of recipes. I plan on selling them as PDF's on my Cooking Blog, if all goes well. They won't cost a lot either, which is another bonus.  I thought using a Primrose would be a nice touch for the cover for Spring . . . and of course the humble Bumblebee, the harbingers of spring over here in the UK.  When you see one of those fat little creatures bumbling along in your garden . . . you know Spring has truly Sprung!


This is one of the recipes that I have gotten done for it. My, my . . . Chicken Pie!  Who doesn't enjoy a good old fashioned Chicken Pie!  I know I sure do!  I love the little pie bird sticking out of the pie.  I have a lovely pie bird that my good friend Susan (Not Quite June Cleaver) sent over to me once upon a time.  I treasure it!  I do, I do!! 

Anyhoo . . . this is my offering for this Sunday's Sunday Sketches!  Do hop on over to the Sunday Sketches Blog, Blue Chair Diaries to see some more delectable offerings.  I am always so amazed at the talent I find there!  It's just awesome!

Thanks for looking everyone!  Happy Sunday to you!

10 comments:

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

This is going to be so extraordinary... your illustrations for the chicken pie are exisite... sooo impressed with this...xx

Christine said...

beautiful recipe card! The flower painting is lovely too!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Art illustrations are beautiful ~ love primrose and bumblebees ~ Great idea for a cookbook! ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Consider linking up to my blog hop on Mondays ~ Magical Monday Meme for all 'creatives' ^_^ ~ share your cook book idea!

Heather said...

this is fabulous - your illustraitons are so lovely , the book will be a hit! great soft style!

Catherine... said...

This is wonderful...I've got a pie bird that my mother in law gave me years ago..I love chicken pie..one of my favourites... :)

Tammie Lee said...

your pages look beautiful and inviting.
this recipe does sound good.

Molly said...

What a great idea. Your illustrations are perfect for it!

Alexandra said...

What lovely sketches full of life and cheer, Marie. Well done. Love your yellow flowers and that pie made my mouth water!! :) Hugs

Za faran said...

The page looks very appetizing! I am sure it will be a great success. Wishing you all the very best.

Fallingladies said...

I love th little bees added!