Sunday, 20 May 2012

Sunday Sketches . . . Wither Thou Goest



































I think that Ruth 1:16 has to be one of my favourite scriptures.  It speaks to the heart in me and I was feeling very inspired when I did this little painting the other day.  I have a real heart also too for the Amish and their simple ways.  I have always admired them their simplistic and honest view of life.  It is my dream to one day visit "Amish country" . . . who knows if that dream will ever come true, but for now I visit with them in my heart.

In any case this is my entry for this week's Sunday Sketches.  Do hop on over to the Blue Chair Diaries to see some more.  There are really some incredibly talented people out there.  There truly are.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I recently watched a fascinating TV series called Living with the Amish about a six British teenagers from very different backgrounds who spent a Summer living with a variety of Amish communities. It was an eye opener to the simpler life and those teenagers took some very powerful messages home with them.

Your illustrations is just beautiful. Well done.

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful work...love the way you mix the words with your wonderful art!

Tammie Lee said...

such a charming piece.

Heather said...

this is very sweet!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

another adorable illustration ~ your art work is beautiful combined with your words ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Melisa said...

What a sweet illustration to go with the verse from Ruth. It made me smile.

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

I love the sweet little face on that dog... so cute and your line work and lettering just freak me out every time I see more work from you... one day I will be this polished... I hope...xx

Sabina said...

This girl is adorable and so is her sweet lil pooch! I also loves the way you arranged the lettering of the scripture around the image.

Christine said...

beautiful sketch, and that quote from Ruth has to be one of the most romantic I've ever heard! Beautiful Bible story and one of my favourites too!

Alexandra said...

Your beautiful, gentle sketches always amaze me. Lovely words as well.

Molly said...

Your colors are so beautifully blended.. Very nice!

I hope you get to Amish country one day. It is a fascinating place to visit!