Sunday, 27 May 2012

WWOYWW and Two more for the Picnic Cookbooklet.


This is the first one.  Keep Calm and Have a picnic!  Jumping on the Brit Keep Calm Bandwagon.  I kind of love it.  I used salt on the side reds to give it some texture.     It's kind of shabby chic, but is the writing dark enough . . . probably not.  Then my niece Lisa messaged me a url where I could purchase the proper font etc. for a right proper keep calm poster and so . . .

I did this with the proper lettering and crown.  I'm not sure which one I like best.  What do you think?  Which one appeals the most to you??  I really want to know!  I think this will be a printable for the last page.


Then I did this.  The writing says, "among the delights of summer were picnics to the woods."  Todd says this is his favourite.  I rather like it myself, actually.  It is a little red mini, with the British Flag waving and a picnic basket tied to the top of the car.  The family is going on a picnic!

These will be in my new cookbooklet of course, and I think I will also offer these two as greeting cards and prints. 

Adding this to the WWOYWW this week.  Hop on over to the Stamping Ground to see more entries!

Thank so much for stopping by to have a look.  I'm sure I'll be back soon with more.  It's like an addiction this painting of mine.  I just can't keep away from it!
Happy Day!

14 comments:

Judy said...

Love this post.Love the sweet drawing of the little red mini off on hols.
Judy #51

Helen said...

WOW! Love the ATC and your drawing too.. Happy WOYWW, Helen #8

May said...

Fabulous ATC... gorgeous post as always... Hugs May x x x#4

Serendipity Stamping said...

Great post, love the little red mini. #128

VonnyK said...

I love them both. Who doesn't love a picnic but that is such a cute car and saying. Gorgeous. Happy 3rd anniversary and have a great week.
Von #20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the slightly faded colours in the Union Jack - very very nice indeed!! And you're right, picnics are the best thing :)
Hugs, LLJ #65 xx

Angie said...

Love the thought of a picnic cook booklet .....Happy 3rd woyww birthday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like them both, but I like all things British right now, especially since I live in the US. t Happy day after WOYWW from #2.

Queen Of Toys said...

I love them both but I like the second crown and the first font, yep a bit of both, but most of all love that little red mini. I have a red mini remote control car, also a blue one so I can race them both when at work. LOL gotta have fun at work when you can.

Happy 3rd Anniversary WOYWW
Eliza #140
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

kristin maynes said...

Words I want to live by! Love your work!! Your little car is adorable too!!

Elizabeth said...

Apologies for being so late in getting around to visiting you, the Jubilee celebrations are to blame, but finally here. Lovely post and like both the Keep Calm posters and the mini image ... reminds me of my first car, a 17 year old mini which I adored :) Elizabeth x #94

Ali said...

Personally, I like the font on the first one. :)

And I have to ask, what is the font you used on the car picture? It's lovely!

Thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW anniversary!

Ali #86

Neesie said...

I like both Marie...the first is what we're used to seeing from you but the second is clearer and the crown more prenounced.
I adore that little car. The whole painting is so cute.
Everything about it is goregous...the flag flying, the images of the people that you can't quite see clearly means your mind makes up the family within.
The font is lovely too. They look like they're in for a wonderful picnic...I just hope the sun shines for them ;D
Have a great week ~ enjoy! Neesie #7

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a cool site and what a blessed person you are to be able to live your dream AND have such marvelous talent! I'm in awe! Darnell #45