Friday, 1 February 2013

BlueBell, The little girl that's a paper doll

 photo BlueBellCopyright_zps03c8ad68.jpg


This is what I have been working on this week.  A series of paper dolls.   I always loved paper dolls when I was a girl.   I did not have a lot of real dolls, but I had a whole big box filled with paper dolls.   I would spend hours playing with them, drawing and colouring new clothes for them.   It was so much fun.

 photo 1-2_zps0289786e.jpg

Bluebell also has a friend.  Her name is ButterCup . . . but I haven't done her clothes yet so I can't show her to you . . . but she's a redhead, just so you know.

  photo 3-3_zps2d03cf08.jpg

I envision them having all kinds of adventures together . . . and I GET TO DRESS THEM!
How fun is that?

 photo 2-2_zpsfe00f927.jpg

I can't wait.  I'm so excited about that I could almost squeal with delight.   I see tea parties and trips to the zoo and holidays . . . I see all sorts in their future.    It will be so much fun.

 Of course, I'm not selfish.   I'll take you along with me on the journey.   I hope you enjoy it too.

Edited to Add ButterCup, BlueBell's bestest friend.

  photo ButterCupCopyright_zpse5becfc0.jpg



 

This is my entry for this week's Paint Party Friday.   Hop on over to the Stamping Ground to see what everyone else has been up to.   You are sure to fall in love with something.  I always do!

19 comments:

Nic McLean said...

I loved paper dolls as a child - this takes me back!! Bluebell is gorgeous and her clothes are amazing - I wish I'd had an owl dress when I was little!!

Anne Manda said...

Cute and pretty! Love the party and owl dresses! I loved paper dolls, too, especially drawing their clothes! :)

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

Paper dolls brings back a flood of childhood memories. Love these.

BlueTulip said...

WHen you say share with us-- do you mean offer for sale in your shop?? I'd love to even purchase a "print your own" download sort of thing, or the actual dolls and dresses already printed, or any of the above, lol!

My dd's love their Barbies and dressing them up. But we find they take so much space, and frankly seem to get more expensive all the time, and I'd Love to switch slowly to the idea of some nicely made, quality, *beautiful* paperdolls and dresses instead.

Marie said...

Hi Blue Tulip. I do plan on selling them in my shop. Just not sure of which route to take yet. I will either be selling them as a "Print your own" thing or I'll have them printed myself, or maybe even both! I do plan on creating additional sets to go with these two so that you can "add" to your group.

Netty said...

Loving your paper doll with her wonderful wardrobe of clothes.
Happy PPF, Annette x

Debbie said...

All of her different outfits are so pretty and fun!

Kim said...

This is precious! HPPF!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I loved paper dolls when I was a girl and I had an aunt called Bluebell... her sister was Heatherbell... how funny is that... and I do love the clothes you are designing for them as well... xx

Mary C. Nasser said...

So fun and creative! Adorable!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Linda said...

adorable art-what fond memories of paper dolls and clothes! Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Love love love the outfits great memories of childhood for me!! Very good post!

Hugs Giggles

janice smith said...

Oh, I love paper dolls! The owl dress is magical. Happy PPF! - janice

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

These are WONDERFUL.I too loved paper dolls as a child. I spent hours playing with them and my imagination. HPPF

Dianne said...

Brings back memories of the paper dolls I used to draw as a girl...seems a few of us never outgrow them.=) Love your adorable girl and her cute clothes!

Gina Sismilich said...

Oh how I loved paper dolls - always had trouble keeping those dresses with the tabs on the dolls though. Your dolls and clothing are super adorable. HPPF

JKW said...

Paper dolls were so much fun, I wanted to be a dress designer when I grew up. When I retired, I made cloth dolls, so in a way I was a dress designer, just not what I thought I would be. I love your paper dolls and the journey you have for all of us. What fun. Blessings, Janet PPF

La Table De Nana said...

They are the cutest things I have seen in a long time..:)
My kind of divas.Paper Dolls and cute clothes..The owl dress:)
You make me smile.
Love.
These are so you..

Tracy said...

These are sooo sweet, Marie! Look forward to seeing more of these. :o) I love & admire your creative spirit! :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))