Friday, 22 February 2013

Little Red on a Paint Party Friday

 photo Redcopyright_zps83fe1f33.jpg

Not a lot to show you on this Paint Party Friday.    I've been working on this newest paper doll.  Little Red.   I want to do a stand up background for her that is summer on one side and winter on the other.   Real life keeps getting in the way though.   I wish I could just spend all my time playing in my studio, but alas . . . I cannot.

 photo SAM_4654_zps85947d1f.jpg

I would love to be able to spend all week in here channeling Mary Englebreit and Joan Walsh Anglund and Susan Branch, my three art heroes . . .

  photo Whatwebecomecopyright.jpg

I think sometimes I just have too many fingers in too many pies . . . but I have always been the sort who gets bored easily of the same thing day after day . . . so I need variety.  Variety is what feeds my soul . . .

 photo copyrightlifesdaringadventure.jpg

I think I just love creating . . . be it a cake, or a cupcake wrapper . . . or a fairy or a little girl, or a paper doll . . . or a cloth doll, or a canvas . . .

  photo SDC12521.jpg

It has been ever so and I hope that it never changes.

 photo Being-Creative.jpg

May I always see the world around me through the eyes of my creative spirit.

For more goodies to fill your eyes and soul, hop on over to Paint Party Friday to see what's on everyone else's creative mind this week!  There's a lovely featured artist there as well.   I am in awe of all the talent that is about.   Aren't we creatures just so amazing???

13 comments:

Giggles said...

Oh you will always see the world with a creative eye!! You make gorgeous art...so sweet...I love everything...

Happy ppf you creative ray of sunshine you!!

Hugs Giggles

helloitssandra.blogspot.com said...

You are truely a creative spirit! HPPF

Lorraine said...

just beautiful great illustrations

La Table De Nana said...

She is so precious..and the cute wolf:) Marie I have such a cute pic of my daughetrs playing Red Riding Hood:) I'll show you:)

Kim said...

I always love your posts and this one is so wonderful, Little Red is the sweetest! HPPF!

Linda said...

oh what sweet projects!!! LOVE the angel floating away under the mushroom-such creative imagination!Happy PPF!

WrightStuff said...

Just keep creating and you will keep us all happy :)

peggy aplSEEDS said...

What sweet and lovely paintings! I so understand how you feel about wanting more time to create!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

like you I need lots of things on the go, but that is what makes us interesting right... Red Riding Hood is looking wonderful...xx

Faye said...

My favorite part of this post is the paper doll display. I just love the little red cape.

janice smith said...

Love it all, Marie...the beautiful paper doll, the glimpse into your studio, your words...all just right. Always good to see someone fully embracing their creative spirit! Happy PPF! -janice

Lynn Cohen said...

Such whimsy warms my heart!

Lauren Monsey Nagel said...

The stuff here makes me feel so good! I am your newest follower now. Have a wonderful day.