Wednesday, 13 February 2013

WOYWW on a Winter Wednesday

 

So, it seems that Winter is not quite ready to loosen it's grip on us just yet.  It is cold and I hear it is snowing in Wales, not five minutes from where I live . . . indeed the skies here in Chester look about ready to open up with goose-down as well.   That's life . . . each day a magical gift for us each to explore and enjoy.

This is what is keeping me busy this week . . .

 photo SAM_4827_zps8d9ee9b8.jpg

First there has been a little Valentine Match Box for my husband for Valentines Day.   I had so much fun doing this . . . my brain was ticking the whole time and my heart was smiling and all a-flutter with love for this special man I am lucky enough to share my life with.

 photo SAM_4820_zpsdd7d1f08.jpg

That's what a Valentine should be all about don't you think???  Love that makes your heart all a-flutter!

  photo Valentinefortodd_zpsa03dea1e.jpg

He is not perfect . . . but he's perfect to me and that makes us the perfect match I think.

 photo SAM_4816_zpsae31f591.jpg

Yes it is . . . very beautiful.

I have also been working on the final illustrations for the Children's book I've been working on.  Three more to go . . . which I will hopefully get done today!

  photo nannyaliceretirescopyright_zps77eb8223.jpg

I redid this one because I liked the softer feel of water colours for the book.   The first one I had done was in copic markers and whilst cute . . . I didn't like the feeling it put out . . . too harsh and bold.   I wanted something subtler . . . and I found it in watercolours.

 photo NannyAliceandPowwowinthegardencopyright_zpsf4043cb7.jpg

You can probably tell it is a book about a sweet old lady and a cheeky cat . . . say no more!

 photo NannyAliceandPowowTripcopyright_zps3ed06141.jpg

Together they make magic . . . tis all I can say for now.

I struggled a bit with this one as I wanted to portray a night sky, but with my limited art skills it was very challenging.   I know other artists would have the know how to know how to add a night sky digitally . . . but I am also very technologically challenged and so I must do it the old fashioned way . . .

  photo Wondersthatyouseek_zps4afb7c22.jpg

This week has also seen me playing with photographs taken . . .

 photo SAM_4672_zps5db02a90.jpg

My paper dolls . . .

 photo SAM_4655_zps5b7e1eaa.jpg

And organizing my work space.   A typical week.

What have you been up to??   Why not hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see what everyone else has been up to.  There is sure to be something magical and inspiring to see there!  Such an amazingly talented group of creative people!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Heather Alger said...

Your Illustrations are Stunning :0)
loved reading this x Happy WOYWW Heather # 62

Helen said...

Hmmm having trouble with blogger letting me comment here!! (sorry if you get 2..)
Your Valentine is beautiful, but - your illustrations! Oh my I love them! Hope you don't get snowed in, and have a good day. Helen, 2

Gibby Frogett said...

awww what a lovely Valentine project, infact I loved everything about your post and all your creations very much.... Happy WOYWW and thanks for sharing.. Gill x #64

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh love the watercolour pictures, I think they're perfect for the character, and she looks so sweet! What a lovely token for your husband, absolutely the nicest little thing for him to smile over whenever he sees it.

Sheilagh said...

Wonderful as always Marie, your illustrations are so beautiful xx

Ria Gall said...

Wow you have been busy and your love matchbox is the cutest thing I have ever seen and I think it is lovely that thougths of your husband still send your heart fluttering. I am on my own with my two teenage children and they get all my love.
Lovely images for your book
Happy WOYWW I hope you have a great day
Ria #47

Tracy said...

Your illustrations are so beautiful xxx hugs

La Table De Nana said...

Perfect rendition of you and T:)
The book looks so cute too Marie..and you know how I feel about the dolls..
:)

Spyder said...

ohoo That match box is just too cute and such a great idea, love the picture too, they are fabulous!Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafty week! HaPpY WoYwW!!

((Lyn))#72

susibee said...

Your Valentine matchbox is gorgeous and I'm sure your husband will treasure it and your artwork is so lovely. You are very talented.
Happy WOYWW Susi #73

scrappymo! said...

Your Valentine matchbox card is so sweet. I haven't seen that before and just love it! Great job.

Your illustrations look wonderful...I agree that they need the watercolours...so soft and subtle looking.

You win the award for the tidiest desk so far.

April Story said...

Wow - I love your illustrations. I think the night sky turned out beautifully. April #119