Wednesday, 27 February 2013

WOYWW, Robins, Red Shoes and Scripture Love . . .

 photo SAM_4661_zps51a60a39.jpg

I've had a fairly busy week this week.  I like it when I am busy art-wise because it means I am doing what I love to do best of all and that is to create.  Dirty paint brushes are my favourite things and this is how I have dirtied them this past week . . .

 photo Blossomtimecopyright_zpsebefe021.jpg

First up was a Spring Robin.   I love the thought I put on it . . . it's all about Easter and the promise it brings to us each and every year.   I love the thought of rended chains and I am grateful for the Savior and all He did for us.

  photo BirthdayGirlsTopperscopyright_zpsb0b74937.jpg

Next up was a little "Bouquet" of flowery girls for cupcake toppers and wraps.   I didn't realize until I was done that I had inadvertently given them the names of the sisters on "Keeping Up Appearances."    It was a happy co-incidence.

 photo SACORSCelebration_zps817b7d6d.jpg

Then I had the happy opportunity to create a poster/invite for a RS group over in America.  ME   Not sure what state that is, but They had bought my Forget Me Not print and requested this for an activity they were holding this month and so I was happy to oblige them.  No charge, how could I resist doing such a service for my Sisters in the Gospel.  I had fun doing it and that's what counted.

 photo REdshoesCopyright_zps5629c36c.jpg

And then there were red shoes.   I have been thinking of red shoes for a while, and the power that Dorothy found in hers in the Wizard of Oz.  When I was a girl I always wanted a pair of red shoes . . . I never got them, and so I decided to paint myself a pair . . . and just like Dorothy's they took me on a journey.

  photo LoveNeverFailscopyright_zps19d939d2.jpg

Last but not least . . . my favourite scripture.   I love the Scriptures.   I love how they speak to my heart and I especially love it when they inspire me and my paint brushes.  I am always amazed.   No credit to me however . . . it's my HF's doing.   He is the master at inspiration.

  photo SAM_4654_zps85947d1f.jpg

And that was what was happening on my work table this week.  What was happening on yours?

Please do hop on over to The Stamping Ground to catch up with all of the other ladies and see what that talented bunch has been up to this week.


8 comments:

Heather Alger said...

Your beautiful robin captured my eye this week,
we have a regular robin visitor to our garden and this made me think of him.
Gorgeous creativity and projects this week x
Happy WOYWW Heather #85

Helen said...

Such pretty pictures! have a good week. Helen, 8

Ria Gall said...

your desk is lovely and tidy but the work you have created on it is stunning I love the robin and the red shoes they have been painted so well that they are fantastic
Happy WOYWW hope you have a great day
Ria #48

Neil said...

Hi there. I'm so glad I stopped by today. I love your card for Easter. A very special time of year. Your Love card is beautiful too. Another of my favourite Scriptures so thank you for sharing.
Neil #65

La Table De Nana said...

Everything:)Just everything:)
There is nothing you cannot paint...nor bake:)

Caz said...

Lovely tidy desk - gorgeous artwork, what beautiful creations!!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#144

Julia Dunnit said...

Your work is inspiring enough, let alone the work table! Beautiful pics, the robin is just sublime.

Scrapcat 1 said...

what beautiful pictures you have created with HF help, I love the shoes I know a little girl who loves red shoes as much as you :)
Thanks for sharing Tracy #72