Wednesday, 6 March 2013

WOYWW and Standing Firm in Your Faith

 photo SAM_4654_zps85947d1f.jpg

  To me it is just amazing how quickly the weeks seem to roll around.  One week no sooner begins and it is finished.  If I could spend all day every day painting and playing I would . . . alas . . . real life gets in the way and the playing has to wait until the more important things are done.  I suppose it is like that for everyone . . . the child in me wants to play all the time, but the adult in me . . . knows I must do what I must do.  I just wish I had more hours in my day.  Then I could please both sides of my self . . . the playful one and the responsible one.  Of course painting and drawing was my job, well then that would be perfect wouldn't it?  A gal can but dream . . .
 photo Copyrightfirminyourfaith_zps4d093294.jpg

This is my entry for this weeks What's on your Work-desk Wednesday.   Sometimes it seems like there are more rainy days in life than sunny days . . . that's when our faith comes in mighty handy and keeps us upright . . . but if we allow our faith to falter . . . well, then we truly won't stand at all.  I am very grateful for my faith which has seen me through some pretty difficult times.

I love this girls Go Go Boots.  When I was a girl I wanted a pair of Go Go Boots more than anything.   I never did get any . . . but thankfully I can draw myself a pair anytime I want to!   This is how I would have loved to look in a dream world.   Suits me to a T.  Unfortunately I had kinky hair and no Go Go Boots . . . and parents without a lot of money, and so this Mod look was only a dream.  Good thing fads pass . . .  they don't stand still do they?   Unlike faith.  Faith built on Solid Ground stands firm and never passes.

And that's my thoughts for this week.

Do hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see all of the other entries for this weeks WOYWW!   You are sure to see something which will inspire you.  Many thanks for popping by to have a look!


9 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I wanted gogo boots too..never got them..or did I..I know that when I worked I bought black over the knee suede boots to go with my hot pants(I cringe writing that) I had one yr of wearing modish clothes..then the hippie country look took over..thank goodness:)
Lovely .

Heather Alger said...

Faith is a wonderful thing and it can be tested, but its always there x Love visiting your blog and seeing your Gorgeous art work.
Happy WOYWW Heather #59

Sandy Leigh said...

Such a cute card, and so true! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #106

April said...

She's so beautiful and sunny, I love her. :)

famfa said...

Gorgeous drawing, lovely how you can draw yourself any way you like.
Famfa 105

Ria Gall said...

I love your piece of work and the sentiment is so powerful, just beautiful
Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
Ria #39

Liz Black said...

I love your drawing and completely agree that we're always dividing our time between those things we want to do and those things that we really should do! Perhaps that's what makes us appreciate our playtime so much more. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww. Liz at 147 x

Anne said...

What a lovely drawing. I too wish that I could play all day. My faith has certainly got me through some difficult and painful times. Sorry I'm late visiting. Anne x @65

Katie said...

Love your drawing! Your statements about not enough time in the day reminded me of Newsong's Life in My Day :) It has a good message for those of us who are busy-busy! Thanks for encouragement :)

Katie (114)