Wednesday, 20 March 2013

WOYWW . . . my own little world




I never know what it going to appear when I sit down at my work station with a clean piece of paper and my paints.   I'm always just as surprised at who shows up as anyone is.  To some that big blank piece of paper might be a bit frightening . . . but to me it's an invitation and I just can't wait to get started.

 photo worldcopyright_zpsd6faadbc.jpg

I am in my own little world when I am at my work table . . . I play music to drown out anything outside my little universe . . .  open my book of quotes . . . or my scriptures . . . and then I just let whatever wants to come to life . . . come to life.

This is what came out the other day.   I sat down to paint a Spring Primrose . . . and then I thought a baby chick . . . but look who came out instead!!   I love it when that happens.   Yellow is yellow.

This weeks entry to WOYWW.  Check out The Stamping Ground to see everyone else's.

 photo copyrightbookmark_zps82671dc3.jpg

Oh, and I sketched you a bookmark to print out and have all of your very own.   Nothing special, just a pencil sketch of a girl and her cat.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Your little fairy is just adorable so glad she came to visit you.. Isnt it just fantastic when things like that happen, that you sit down to do something totally different and something just wonderful happens.. Thanks so much for the bookmark I will print it up and pop it in my book..
Sandy :) #9

La Table De Nana said...

It is very special.. as it the painting..the words and the little girl in the leaves:)
You're stupendously talented.

Ria Gall said...

two very lovely pieces you have worked on this week really lovely
Wishing you a very Happy WOYWW
Ria #44

Gita said...

Love your first piece. She is just too precious! Your bookmark is so sweet too. Brigita #132

Karin said...

I'm so glad your fairy came to visit you today. She's beautiful.

Happy Wednesday #142

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Precious. As an avid reader, that quote from Anna Quindlen rings true for me. Thank you. Charlotte WOWYY #148

Liz B said...

I love your fairy girl! It was Wacky Wednesday today at the school where I teach, and her outfit would have fit right in! :)

~Sue C said...

Love your sketches! Sue#126

Stampin Boots said...

Beautiful bookmark :)

Happy (belated) WOYWW!

Stampin Boots x

Anne said...

You have such talent. Love the fairy and the bookmark. Anne x #162

Abbey Crafton said...

Lovely and inspiring..,thank you!
The Ladies at Crafton Abbey