Wednesday, 27 March 2013

WOYWW . . . this and that

 photo copyrightfruitsofthespirit_zpsba91f7ac.jpg

I've had a bit of a busy week art-wise this last week of March 2013 . . . hard to believe it's already almost April.  Wherever has the year gone? 

First up is this little painting I did the other day of a fairy sitting on the back of a little Jenny Wren . . . called "Fruits of the Spirit."  I do so really enjoy painting birds and fairies along with the inspiration of God's word . . . and when I can combine all three I get really excited!   I think this is my favourite one of all time . . .

 photo RaynerPaperDollFamily_zps992c9814.jpg

Then I got all whimsical one day and "Paper-Dolled" us.  That's me on the left and our fur baby Mitzie, and of course the Toddster.   I quite enjoyed this.  I reckon I could "Paper-Doll" just about any family.  Wouldn't that make fab personalized gifts for someone on their special occasions?   I don't know!  They're articulated too, meaning their limbs move so you can pose them.   I want to make myself a pair of wings and a cowboy hat for Todd . . . those are two things we've always really wanted.



 photo copyrightArt_zpseabd3ba1.jpg

And finally this came out of my head yesterday afternoon.  It's a fairy hanging out her wash . . . her laundry basket is a walnut shell, and the clothesline pole a sweet-pea.   I'm not sure which wings are my favourite . . . but I love that she is up to date fashion wise . . . and never has to wear the same thing day in and day out, don't you?

Why not pop on over to The Stamping Ground to see what's on everyone else's Work-desk today?   You are sure to be amazed.

Thanks ever so much for popping in to see what I'm up to!   You make my day every time that you do!

8 comments:

Cestina said...

Don't know where to start! The sweetpea washing line, the adorable bird and the brilliant paper dolls. I'd say a personalised family would be the perfect gift for someone..I could certainly find a home for one :-)

Happy Easter from the Czech Republic
Cestina
#38

butterfly said...

Oh, yes... personalized paper dolls is a wonderful idea! And your little bird is just adorable... wonderful artwork! I've missed a few, but happy to be back... Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#36

Heather Alger said...

Gorgeous personalised design, love the detail and your Ideas x
Happy Easter WOYWW heather #86

La Table De Nana said...

So so cute everything..Love the 2 of you..and the angel wings is just precious.

Julia Dunnit said...

I think the paper doll families is a marvellous idea. As always, enjoyed seeing your beauty on paper.

Ria Gall said...

I love your paintings the bird and fairy is so beautiful and the words so inspiring. I love the sentiment on the last one as well you are so talented.
Wishing you a very Happy Easter and a great day today
Ria

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your wonderful fairy paintings are always light and full of spirit and fun, Marie! Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter!! Darnell #43

Domaine Coquelicots said...

I fell on your blog after you came to mine... what a lovely place! I L.O.V.E what you are doing really! You are amazingly talented!