Wednesday, 26 June 2013

WOYWW and a lot to show . . .

  photo SAM_4655_zps5b7e1eaa.jpg

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks!  I have gotten so slack.  I think it's probably taken me a bit longer than I thought to get back to the swing of things since my return to the UK.  Nevermind . . . I am getting there now and I have lots to show you this week!

  photo LoveCardTascha_zps0612f7a5.jpg

I've been taking a watercolor course from Tascha which has been a lot of fun.  It's moving me out of my comfort zone for sure.  

This was card I made.  We were supposed to employ a few different techniques with this, using crayons, inks, pencil crayons, gel pens, washes.   Not sure that I like it, but . . .

 photo copyrightacatisacat_zpsf05648cc.jpg

Then I was supposed to do something which employed the skill of using a masking liquid.  So I did words on this cat, a cat is a cat . . . and that is that!   I think the cat turned out great, but I am not loving the Beret.

 photo copyrightgroovylove_zps1129c0f3.jpg

Then we were supposed to use a whole big letter in a painting.  So I did this.  I think this is getting better, but not happy with the colours . . .
 I know . . . nit-picking . . .

But I've not just been working on course work.  I've also been working on hand-painted post cards, which are for sale by the way.  I might become famous one day, so they could be an investment, who knows!  (dreaming here!)

 photo scan0023_zps9cebf149.jpg

I put words on this one . . .

 photo copyright-1_zpscc5d9863.jpg

No words on this one . . . not yet anyways.  Still trying to find the right ones . . .

  photo scan0026_zpsc7ff1d65.jpg

and I've been working on illustrations for a new cookbook project I am working on.  This one's not finished yet.  I still have to paint in the shelves above the AGA and the cat laying on the mat in front of it . . .

 photo scan0024_zps9fc3f936.jpg

A warm cup of grog . . .

 photo scan0025_zps4508038d.jpg

Pears and peppercorns . . . I know . . . lose the peppercorns . . .

 photo scan0027_zps4c0e7630.jpg

Sunflower and words . . .

And then just a little something to make you smile . . .

 photo copyrightbeautiful_zps311ed166.jpg

Hope you're having a great Wednesday!  





Do hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see all the other entries for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday!

16 comments:

Monique said...

They look really lovely. I love the cat with the rainbow tail, so cute.
Happy WOYWW and I wish you a wonderful week.
xx

Jackie said...

Your illustrations are just lovely
I have to say I have fallen in love with the cat with the rainbow tail it is just so beautiful
Jackie 29

Helen said...

It would take me years or more to get to that standard, what lovely drawings. Have a great week. Helen 7

Anne said...

Such beautiful paintings! Your illustrations anddelicate painting is stunning...absolutely in love with them! What a delight!

Candace said...

really beautiful, you are very talented

Thanks for sharing and have a great week

Candace #43

susibee said...

Wow! Your artwork is lovely:)

Happy WOYWW. Susi#73

Maisie Moonshine said...

You're forgiven for not posting you've obviously been too busy creating these beautiful works of art! I was impressed by the first one - but to keep scrolling down and seeing more and more treats for the eyes made me really glad I stopped by. Have a happy week (going back for another look) MMx #56

La Table De Nana said...

They are all arorable..It makes me want to take the class..I took a class recently and treally ejoyed it..:)
You were great before though:)

The Taming of the Glue said...

Gorgeous artwork...love the cat with the rainbow tail, it really made me smile! Hugs Pam#28

glitterandglue said...

Your paintings are beautiful - been looking around your site - you have a lovely gift from Father God. Keep using it to bless others.
Have a great week down the road there near Chester - I'm just across the border!
Margaret #61

KatzElbows said...

I think you shouldn't say something negative about your art until you've said something positive. I always made my students do that, but it's so hard to do it about your own art. But I think your skills are amazing. I'm not sure I'd ever be that good.

Happy WOYWW.
Cheers, Rachel #53

trisha too said...

Wow, you weren't kidding--you DID have a lot to share, what a sweet set of paintings!

:)trisha
#144 this week with
a mess and a love apple

Marit said...

There is indeed a lot to admire in this post.. LOVE your paintings and all sorts of studies... the globe and the cat with the words are my faves, but I do love your 'free work' very much too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to become famous ;) Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

Cazzy said...

Happy WOYWW!

I love your artwork, I wish I could do it, or maybe I could try someday.

Cazzy x #133

tangledpen said...

What sweet cards! I love your style - so cute and delicate...
Happy (very belated) woyww!
Jana #88

ike said...

Ooooh !! Gorgeous creations and I LUV both the cats - especially the beret :-D
I think you would do well with selling the hand painted postcards... the little girl with the bluebird is divine !! :-D
Happy WOYWW

Hugz
IKE xx #35