Friday, 19 July 2013

Paint Party Friday and a few pieces

I am a bit behind in my posting artwork lately.  I get a bit down sometimes and discouraged because my artwork doesn't seem to get anywhere.  It doesn't stop me from creating.  I can't help creating.  It is as much a part of me as breathing is a part of me.  These things just fall out of my mind and fingertips . . . it does keep me from sharing though . . .

I need to be better about that.   Here's what I've done since the last time I posted.

 photo copyrightthankful_zpsbb2cbc99.jpg

I was practicing my watercolor and ink painting.   SO I came up with a fairy in a teacup.  I quite like how it turned out actually . . .

 photo CopyrightTruthwillprevail_zps5a5a96dc.jpg

Then, I have a friend who is acting in this summer's British Pageant at the Preston Temple.  She wanted a special card to share with the other's she has been working with.  This is what I came up with for her.  The title of the Pageant is "Truth Will Prevail," and it's about the church's beginnings in the UK.  (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)   I made a border of covered wagons, hand cards and sailing ships, then in the centre a family praying before they make the journey West.   All the early saints from the UK made the hazardous journey to Zion.

 photo copyrightAGA_zpse0671bca.jpg

I've been working on an Illustrated Cookbook, so I did this . . . it's an AGA in the winter . . . cat resting on the mat in front of it . . .

  photo copyrightTomatoes_zpscd99d7c2.jpg

A study watercolor of tomatoes.  I quite like it.

 photo copyrightbeans_zps2d94acb7.jpg

A tin of beans . . . can't say any more about this. It is what it is, lol.

  photo Copyrightfriendshouse_zpsc15c4ee1.jpg

Another Ink and Water color study.   I quite like this as well.   It makes a nice card for a friend.

 photo copyrightlandfaraway_zpsda98816e.jpg

Finally . . . she fell out of my head yesterday and landed on my paper.  I think those bunnies are quite enraptured by her story, don't you?

So that's my offering for Paint Party Friday this week.  Do hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see all the others.  There's some amazing talent there!

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

denthe said...

Nothing to be discouraged about here! your art looks great: imaginative, colourful, cute and sweet ....

VonnyK said...

These are gorgeous, I love the last one. You can imagine them listening intently. All of your pictures are beautiful and so detailed.
Von

Netty said...

Loving your illustrations, Happy PPF, Annette x

Kim said...

Love your thankful fairy! HPPF!

La Table De Nana said...

Super super cute top to bottom:)

I think Todd is right..is it very hard to find a publisher?

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

Adorable delicate work!Happy PPF and hugs from Brazil!

Tammy N said...

So happy to have found your site and beautiful art. I love all of it especially the fairies. I love the quote by Elder Ballard. We are both members of the same great church!

Linda said...

my what sweet and wonderful illustrations!!! I adore your fairy in the teacup especially. Happy PPF!

bellefrogworks said...

Your ink and watercolor work is just beautiful. I love the detail and the soft coloring. Just lovely!

Giggles said...

So much diverse gorgeous work here!! Love the illustrations for the cookbook the heinz tin, tomatoes the stove and the bunnies are so precious... You are so prolific...wow share more...and yes I love the first one of always something to be thankful for....today that is you!!

Hugs Giggles

Lynn Cohen said...

Very sweet style ! Delightful!

Nic McLean said...

Your work is whimsical and delightful!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow how beautiful! You should not even think of being discouraged with these beautiful work that you have created