Friday, 5 July 2013

Paint Party Friday, Angels and other things . . .

 photo copyrightbeautifullydifferent_zps816e7545.jpg

I've been quite into painting these little angels lately.  I do enjoy the feeling they inspire in me.  Part playful, part soulful . . . joy and sweetness and everything in between.

"Cherish what makes you YOU!"

  photo copyrightstrength_zps0a12090d.jpg

I firmly believe this.   I think it is what doesn't kill us that makes us stronger, and I am grateful for all my broken bits that have been strengthened through experience.

"Courage to Grow Strong"

 photo copyrightHowIdoLoveThee_zps0339902a.jpg

A little play on the words of Elizabeth Barret Browning.  No, I do not have them backwards . . . I mean to say what I say . . .

"How I do love thee!"

For all the sweetie pies in your life.

 photo copyrightawesome_zps82ccd7e5.jpg

More angels.  I can't get the colours to scan right on this for some reason.  I kind of like the brightness in this . . .

"Awesome just like me!"

But then again . . . more muted and with different words . . .

  photo CopyrightKIndredspirits_zps0463b3cc.jpg 

It's not so bad either.   For all the kindred spirit friends out there . . .

(Kindred Spirits.) 

Do pop over to Paint Party Friday to see what everyone else has gotten up to!

18 comments:

Giggles said...

Oh I adore these characters and quotes!! So lovely and sweet!! Great color edits too!!

Happy ppf!

Hugs Giggles

sharon said...

These are so sweet.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

you probably get tired of rewarding that there are sweet , but they are just so sweet and adorable and the quotes always are perfect for the images...xx

La Table De Nana said...

A whole line of cards could do so well..hallmark..where are you?:)

Erika Nittel-Traser said...

Wonderful angels, love each one! HPPF Erika

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Charming illustrations, wonderful and joyful. xox

Mary C. Nasser said...

What sweet and inspiring portraits!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Joni Nickrent said...

Your work is so sweet and beautiful! Love it! Happy PPF

ike said...

Beautiful - I LUV the 2nd to last one best :-) The vibrant colours are lovely.
Happy PPF

IKEx #33

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Each one of these are just beautiful.
Have a very nice weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Linda said...

what beautiful,sweet illustrations and sentiments!

Meenart said...

Wonderful and beautiful little angels. I love them. I hope they come with me...:-)

denthe said...

oh, these are so cute ....

Kim said...

So very very sweet. HPPF!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

I love what you have done! The angels are adorable and the quotes are inspirational:)

Maria said...

Oh how adore your work!!

bellefrogworks said...

These angels paintings are so lovely. I love all the vintage style and the detail. Lovely work

Cynthia said...

I am never disappointed when I come back to your blog. So many beautiful pieces of art I can only imagine how busy your mind is daily. Haven't been on here in a while but its nice to be able to come back and visit. Take care hope life is treating you kindly these days. love cyndi duenas