Friday, 26 July 2013

Princess's, Peas and Paint Party Friday . . .

I was contacted earlier this week and asked if I could do my Princess and the Pea painting with a little blonde girl instead of the brown haired one I have on it.  This is a very old picture of mine . . . been kicking around for a few years now actually.



It was a painting I did back when I was just beginning to get back into painting.  I liked it, but if I was going to redo a painting, I wanted to do it a lot differently than the first one.   That's just me.  You may ask why would I have to redo it?   Couldn't I just change the hair colour??  Well maybe someone who is competent with Photo shop could . . . I am not competent with any sort of technology. I do everything by hand . . . me.  So I had to completely redo it from scratch.

 photo copyrightnewPrincessandthePea_zps3e50731c.jpg

And so I did.  This one is in water colors.   Her bed is a tree bed. I like that.  I would love a tree bed, wouldn't you?

  photo copyright_zps41cd3fe4.jpg 

I put a lot more detail with this one, not only with the tree bed . . . but there's a nest in the tree with a singing robin . . . and a very comfortable looking cat fast asleep on the bed.

I'm sure that she is envious of his ability to sleep through anything.  I would be.

And that's what on my desk this Paint Party Friday.   Do hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see what everyone else is doing!

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Nic McLean said...

I love both versions - such a sweet illustration and the detail in all those matresses - wow! I'm with you on the photoshop thing - other than correcting colour and exposure and maybe adding a border to my photos I am useless with computer aided art - I much prefer the old fashioned art by hand approach!

Dawn said...

I also like both versions. But I love the addition of a cat lol Dxx

Netty said...

Loving them both, but love the idea of the tree bed with all its added animals. Happy PPF, Annette x

Giggles said...

I love them both so much...but wow the whimsy of the tree bed is awesome...equally gorgeous pieces!!

Hugs Giggles

Giggles said...

Marie Go to http://pixlr.com/express/
and put the newest picture in. Go to color, then Play around with the saturation....pushing it to your right...and then the hue to make it all different colors...then save each change with a new name on your picture and refresh the pixlr page each time you want a color change!...it's so fun...and these pieces will be amazing..

Enjoy!!

Hugs Giggles

La Table De Nana said...

She's on a bed quite similar to the one we Pinned:)


So so cute!Very talented!

annkrier said...

Fabulous princesses - i just adore the mattresses and the little girls ! It would be great in a childs playroom or bedroom. Happy PPF

soulbrush said...

ADORE her- actually prefer her brown haired. Happy PPF friend.

Tammy N said...

Love Love your style. All variations of the princess and pea are great! Any little girl would be lucky to hang one of these in her room.

Kim said...

Love them both, so sweet! HPPF!

Robin Panzer Art said...

Super adorable. I have a soft spot for the Princess and the Pea as my Son performed with the Missoula Children's Traveling Theater for this story. Beautiful art! Happy Paint Party Friday!

Linda said...

both versions are equally enchanting-love your illustrations! Happy PPF!

Faye said...

How fantastic to be able to do two separate but equally beautiful paintings of the same theme! Love both of them. I like the softness of the watercolor one with the cozy cat.

sharon said...

Love both variations. But the one with the cat calls to me.

bellefrogworks said...

The original was wonderful - but I must admit that the tree bed and the kitty just pulled me in!

Anne Manda said...

Wonderful and cute! Yes, I would like a tree bed! :)

Renee! said...

So cute... I love them both! I just followed your blog and would love it if you'd follow me too!
Visiting from PPF today and can't wait to see more!
Renee
xoxo

Niina Niskanen said...

Adorable. I like both of the illustrations. They are full with whimsical details!