Friday, 9 August 2013

Paint Party Friday and a few bits and pieces . . .

This week seems to have gotten away from me.  I've been doing a lot of nothing and nothing of a lot . . . but I did get these few things done, plus another which isn't scanned yet and another which is sketched and waiting to be painted.   That's how I roll.   It's feast or famine around here!

 photo LetGo_zps64623add.jpg

First a little piece based once again on the art of Modigliani.   It is different and yet it is similar to what I already do.   I believe in this life truth.  You cannot hang onto the past.  It will drag you down like an anchor.  Best to put it all behind you and let go.  Only then can you begin to move forward . . .

 photo copyrightWinter_zps5d476f2b.jpg

A Winter page for a project I am working on.   It says, when the bold branches bid farewell to rainbow leaves, welcome wool sweaters . . .   Not sure about my writing, but it's too late now!  It's done!

 photo copyrightsummer_zpsb49b3f92.jpg

Then Summer . . . Among the joys of summer were picnics in the park.  Again with the writing.   There will be a narrative place in the middle of each of these.

And that's what I have been up to.  What about you?

Sharing this week on Paint Party Friday.  Hop on over to The Stamping Ground to see what everyone else has been up to!

12 comments:

Giggles said...

Very sweet little paintings with great messages!!

Hugs Giggles

NatashaMay said...

So sweet and adorable! :)

Kim said...

So sweet, love these.

Lynn Cohen said...

Love your illustrated style! These belong in story books! HPPF!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

They are all sweet, but the first one is so great with the faces in the balloons and the letting go. xox

Tammy N said...

Pretty as always. Your a talented artist.

Faye said...

The writing is wonderful as are the illustrations. Beautiful work.

Janet McCord said...

Girl! I WISH I had your talent! SO jealous! You need to start your own Hallmark cards or something!

Marie said...

People need to point Hallmark in my direction Janet. They won't listen to me! They are more interested in printing cards with stupid photographs on them that anyone could take.

Anne Manda said...

Really beautiful illustrations, love your hand writing!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful illustrations which I think would make great cards or stationary:)

bellefrogworks said...

Lovely painting/illustrations. So sweet.