Saturday, 12 October 2013

A few bits and bobs . . .

I can't believe it's been so long since I have posted on here.  It's not that I haven't been doing anything creatively. I've been doing lots.  I have had some card orders to fulfill, and a few commissions to create, which have kept me busy in between all of my food blogging.  I did a newsletter for that, been working on an Illustrated cookery book as well as a couple of children's stories, which I have written and illustrated myself.   Now begins the hard work of finding agents for those.  Wish me luck!

In the meantime here is what else I have been creating.

 photo JOYCOPYRIGHT_zpsa277e508.jpg

Joy . . . I love the feeling of this one.   I just sat down one day and it came out.  Joy like a River

  photo applescopyright_zps35d219bd.jpg

A Modigliani inspired chalk drawing.   I quite like this one.  She dreamed of Orchards.

 photo copyrightSisters_zps0ab67011.jpg

Another Modigliani inspiration in chalk crayons. This one is called Sisters.

 photo CopyrightsisterLesley_zpsd78e556f.jpg

A commission I did for one of the Missionary Sisters of her nieces.  She liked it very much.

  photo Copyrightsoar_zps7bda9032.jpg

A little kite flyer.   Love the polka dot dress.  Water colour and inks.   Soar.

 photo psalm139copyright_zps4eeee1df.jpg

Another flight of fancy in ink and watercolour, Wings of the Morning.



 photo copyrightoakofunderstanding_zps62e7f665.jpg

Inspiration from last weeks conference at church.  Oak of Understanding.

Plus . . .
 photo SAM_0927_zps81b75570.jpg

I made a little felt doll for my granddaughter for Christmas as well as . . .

 photo SAM_0926_zps68d4542d.jpg

Not one but . . .

 photo SAM_0923_zpsbf8d9652.jpg

Two additional outfits.  So  I guess I have been rather busy.

Have a great weekend!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family!



4 comments:

Carol Z said...

So glad to see you posting here. Really enjoy your art work and praying for an agent so more people can share it.

Marie said...

Thank you Carol! You are so kind! xxoo

Shashi Nayagam said...

Beautiful sketches. A delight to see brightness and hope and light while everyone seems to be celebrating dark.
Love your little felt dolls too.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Hoping you find the right agent soon, all the best.