I have long wanted to explore my inner fancy and paint Little Red Riding Hood. Yesterday I did just that . . .
I think I did an ok job. I rather like her I think. Available as a greeting or note card, or as a small print. Message me on mariealicejoan at aol dot com to find out more. Thanks!
3 comments:
Beautiful Marie! I love your rendition of a gutsy little girl. Linda in Washington
So glad to have a chance to catch up with you & your art, Marie! As ever, you've been creating marvelous things. This little girl is soo cute... And I LOVE your princess & the pea girl in a previous post lately--so precious. Wishing a wonderfully creative 2011, dear friend--LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((HUGS))
I love LOVE Little Red Riding Hood. Enormously cute, so that she'd be my favourite drawing of late, even if she wasn't already my favourite fairy tale girl. I have a antique print of her above our bed, which has hung in my bedrooms all my life. Smart, loving, brave, and such a fabulous cloak :) What's not to love about her?
This reminds me, as your princess & the pea one did, that I need to be reading more traditional fairy tales to the lil monsters. The stories that lil G is hearing are more often derivatives or updates, and the substance of the stories that generations of us have grown up on will be gone.
On the purely visual side, I love how the two greens contrast the fab red, and how the brown ties the greens with the environment she'd be traipsing through on her way to Grandma's.
Love, Anne
Post a Comment