Sunday, 25 March 2012

Sunday Sketches . . . Spring




Here is my post this week for Sunday Sketches. It's a little girl watching some babybirds in a nest in a tree. Yes, Spring has sprung! We've been enjoying gorgeous weather here and the birds have been nesting. Pollywogs have come to life and all the daffodils are in bloom! I just love Spring in England. All the trees are taking on that green flush of early leaf and early blossoms are taking over gardens . . . the forsythia, camelia, early cherry. Oh how very pretty it all is! Tis the season of hope.

As usual this is available as a card or a print. Just message me if you are interested. Thanks for looking, and why not hop on over to The Blue Chair Diaries to check out the other Sunday Sketches! There's a whole lot of talent there! You will be amazed and enthralled!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your illustrations!

Tracey FK said...

I wish I lived somewhere where there were cheery blossoms to herald spring... you have captured the change of seasons perfectly in this one... just lovely...xx

carol l mck said...

Illustration and poem is divine and lovely ~ Great post ~~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Christine said...

This is so cute and I can feel the warmth of spring in your painting!

Crystal said...

Amazing work!

Tammie Lee said...

so lovely is your art
and the poem is wonderful too
I love how you did her hair
~

Unknown said...

This is beautiful...England in Spring is magical... Spring has definitely sprung here in France too... :) it's more like summer... :)

WrightStuff said...

Oh I love Spring and she is totally adorable!

Sabina said...

Brilliant job on this. I honestly thought it was something out of an English fairytale book. Glad you made it into a card.

Fanypap said...

Very beautiful!!!Bravo! kisses.

Lenora said...

the hair and the nest are fabulous in their detail and whimsical shape!

Tracy said...

VERY sweet... And I used that quote in my spring newsletter--I like that one! :o) Happy Spring, dear friend ((LOVE & HUGS))